Saturday 17 November 2012

Saturday Small News

1) For any of you who don't already know (this is probably a minority of people), my all time favorite director is Stanley Kubrick. His work is stunningly cinematic and fascinating. I urge any of you who haven't already, to go and watch this list of fabulous Kubrick films: A Clockwork Orange, Lolita, 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Shining. They are must sees for anyone interested in film.



Anyway back to the Small News!  For all of you fellow Kubrick fans, earlier this week Kubrick's daughter and grandson opened up a Reddit Q&A session. It is truly amazing to hear about their relationship with the director and get a true incite as Kubrick as a person, not just the meticulous filmmaker.


2) Just caught wind of Warner Bros. planning a live-action remake of Pinocchio. Jane Goldman, screenwriter of Kickass and The Woman in Black, is currently been negotiated as screenwriter for the new project. 

The one thing that worries me about this remake is one of the other names that I have heard to be in connection - Tim Burton. I'm not going to say I hate Burton, as I truly do love some of his films, especially Nightmare Before Christmas. However, the problem that I do have with him is he enjoys taking some of my favorite stories and overplaying the whole "I'm a quirky gothic director" thing, thus ruining them for me. I hated Alice in Wonderland, as Burton's style took over the brilliance of the classic tale. So please please, Burton, don't do the same to Pinocchio.

3) For everyone who hated Promethus, take a gander at this. Now I need to get my hands on a copy of the original script



4) New Les Mis trailer everyone! Can not wait to see this.


No comments:

Post a Comment