Monday 27 August 2012

Carrie Shots - A Quick Thought

Moretz in the story's most iconic scene

Just got sent some images from the new Carrie remake. I've got to admit, I'm really excited about this remake, as the original 1976 version is a horror favourite of mine. However the casting of rising teen star, Chloe Moretz (Kickass' Hit-Girl) as Carrie has always been an odd choice in my eyes. 

The piercing eyes and prominent features of Sissy Spacek in the original made the famous prom scene fifty times more chilling.

Sissy Spacek, 1976


I just worry that Moretz's Hollywood, polished look may soften the horror. She just seems to "pretty-girl" to play the social outcast that is Carrie White and I worry it'll detract from the believably of the plot.

Chloe Moretz, the odd-ball reject? I think not.


Who knows, maybe I'm just using an excuse to be anti-remake. What are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment